Saturday, May 2, 2015

Closing the Culdesac Chapter

In December 2012, I remember feeling so excited as Eric and I began moving in our things to this quaint little four-plex apartment in a culdesac in south Provo. We were just about to get married and thinking of starting our own home together was SO dreamy. Now as we packed up all of our goods and put them away in storage last weekend, my heart surprisingly ached a little. This apartment carried with it so many memories from the past 2.5 years. So it is time to close that chapter of our life story and move on to the next. Change is exciting and healthy and yet a little scary and hard. I'm grateful for the chance to welcome change and am so looking forward to the future.

Here are a few of our final Provo memories 
(including our last week-ish of living in Provo) in pictures. 


It's a tradition for the Sackett ladies to go bowling while the boys to go Priesthood session of General Conference. Hunter loved the colorful bowling balls and the crazy lights!



Hunter and his cousins Alisa and Aaron. These three were all born within 4 months of each other. They are sure to be the best of friends. This was after our Easter egg hunt.


Eric played on an intramural soccer team at BYU this spring. Hunter loved going to the games to see all the soccer balls. And I loved watching Eric get to do something that he's crazy about.


 We have been so blessed with a lot of financial help to get Eric off to New York. One of the ways we were blessed was with a few scholarships and grants. This is our little family at a scholarship awards luncheon. I'm so proud of my sugar!


Our last week in Provo was seriously a whirlwind. I'm still kind of recuperating from it haha. It was busy and crazy and a bit stressful and wonderful! You'll see...

Eric has been interning at Vivint Solar in Lehi. So Hunter and I hopped on the FrontRunner to visit his work. Then we all headed over to the Tulip Festival at Thanksgiving Point Gardens. I LOVE the tulips and we have some special memories at the gardens. That is where Eric proposed to me. It is also where we went before Eric left for China a couple of years ago. So it was very fitting to spend one of our final evenings together as a family at that special {and oh so beautiful} place!






Our last week also included our nephew's soccer game in SLC, a few family dinners, and plenty of moving! Perhaps the most exciting part of our final week was Eric's graduation. Now, I'm not necessarily talking the actual services {those graduation speeches are awesome, but a bit long with a little person}, I'm talking the part where Eric is DONE! Woohoo! We will enjoy him being school-free for at least a little while.






After Eric's convocation last Friday, we all went back to his parent's house and had "gourmet take-out" haha. Aka: we ate Zuppas on nice china and had sparkling cider in crystal goblets. This type of meal had Eric written all over it. This is totally his style haha. That's why I love him.


YIKES! This was our little apartment during the thick of packing. Half packed, half not, half just complete chaos. For trying to be organized with packing, it sure didn't look like it haha.



Saying our final goodbyes to our little culdesac apartment.
One thing I will not miss is that ugly green carpet! :) 




On Sunday, we enjoyed a wonderful stake conference with Elder Ballard. {Hunter and I even got to shake his hand!!} Then we had to say good-bye for the next 8 weeks to the man who makes my world go 'round. That was a hard good-bye. Whoosh.

It has almost been a week, and I'm missing him a lot. Like A LOT! But, I really am happy and grateful for the opportunities that we are having while we are apart. Here is what we are up to half a country away from each other....



Hunter had his first real bout of vomiting. Not just spit-up, like the days of when he had bad reflux. This was full on puking. I don't know who was crying more haha. I remember always thinking that I would have the hardest time when I had kids who were puking. I get sick when I see/hear/smell it. But then I taught school and had a throw-up episode, my heart just ached for my little student. And now with my own little babe, I didn't care at all that he puked all over us both. It wasn't a party by any means, but I didn't feel at all like I was afraid I would when the "dreaded day" came.

Eric is having a bit more of an adventure in the Big Apple. It looks just like he is in the movies!

The view from his apartment.... right?!




So there you have it. Our good-byes and new adventures in a nutshell. Or a blog post, rather. Who knows, maybe we will end up living in Provo again one day. But for now, I'm throwin' up my deuces to the city where our family started. Peace out, Provo!

P.S. Here are just a few pics of our Hunter boy... I couldn't resist!





 "Be someone's sunshine when their skies are grey."
-Anonymous

No comments:

Post a Comment